Lawyers consistently tell us that LinkedIn is the social media platform that makes the most sense for them and other legal professionals. They like the professional and business focus of LinkedIn, as compared to the personal focus of Facebook and other platforms. However, lawyers also tell us they wish they could use LinkedIn better than they do now. In this episode, we welcome guest Allison Shields to discuss the new book LinkedIn in One Hour for Lawyers, how lawyers can make better use of LinkedIn, and some practical tips lawyers and others can implement right away on the professional networking site.
Link to the episode: LinkedIn for Legal Professionals
Segment 1: LinkedIn for Legal Professionals
- Our special guest, Allison Shields, President of Legal Ease Consulting, Inc.
- LinkedIn in One Hour for Lawyers – from the ABA Bookstore. Also available in the iBook Store.
Segment 2: Puzzled. This week, Allison, Dennis and Tom are puzzled why, although many lawyers recognize that LinkedIn a good networking option for lawyers, they don’t see much potential value in it.
Segment 3: Parting Shots
- LinkedIn’s Year in Review feature
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication wherever you can
- Karen McGrane’s Adapting Ourselves to Adaptive Content presentation from the Breaking Development Conference, April 2012