As rumors of a game-changing new Apple TV begin to swirl, we wonder how technology is changing the way we watch television. Does technology always need to have “productive” uses? In this episode, we turn to a nonserious technology topic for the end of summer, explore ways technology, especially tablets, can enhance your TV viewing experience, and find some surprisingly serious conclusions about where technology is taking us.
Link to the episode: Technology-Enhanced Television
Segment 1: Technology-Enhanced Television
- Different ways to watch TV on a tablet now (iPad links below; other platforms will have apps for most of these)
- “Second Screen” Apps – check the App Store for second screen app companions to your favorite shows
- Other Social Television Apps
Segment 2: Puzzled. This week, Tom and Dennis are puzzled why websites don’t provide a consistent approach to choosing and managing passwords. Tom’s puzzlement nearly turns into a rant.
Segment 3: Parting Shots
- Top 10 Clever Uses for Dropbox
- 11 Ways to Make Your LastPass Account Even More Secure
- Searching iTunes podcast for author conversations – a reading enhancement tool