Have you ever wanted one action on the Web automatically trigger another action? For example, if you post a tweet, it automatically becomes a LinkedIn or Facebook update or if you star a blog post in Google Reader, it automatically gets added to your Evernote account. IFTTT (If This, Than That) is a web service does exactly that. In this episode of the Kennedy-Mighell Report, we discuss web automation and IFTTT, how it might make your life a little easier, and the role this type of service might play for the busy lawyer.
Link to the episode: Putting the Web to Work For You
Segment 1: Putting the Web to Work for You
- IFTTT- If This, Then That
- Web Automation – Mac Power Users Podcast
- IFTTT With Linden Tibbetts – Mash This Podcast
- Application Programming Interface (API) – from Wikipedia
- Twitter Blocks LinkedIn from its API
- Yahoo! Pipes
Segment 2: Puzzled. This week, Tom and Dennis are puzzled why a tech writer didn’t take basic precautions to protect his most precious computer data.
- How Apple and Amazon Security Flaws Led to My Epic Hacking
- Please Turn on Two-Factor Authentication – Gmail
- The 3 Lessons Learned from Mat Honan’s Epic Data Loss
Segment 3: Parting Shots