Recent news stories about large password compromises have refocused our attention on good password practices. Password management seems to require more time and effort than ever before, but it’s not clear that we really feel any more secure. Are there good ways to create, use and protect all of our passwords? In this episode, we take a look at the current state of passwords, changing recommendations on password management, and whether there are some good, simple approaches to dealing with today’s password requirements.
Link to the episode: Getting a Passing Grade on Passwords
Segment 1: Getting a Passing Grade on Passwords
- GRC Password Haystack
- Passwords: LinkedIn and Beyond
- Password Management Tools
- Google Two-Factor Authentication
- LinkedIn Password Checker - see if your password was affected
Segment 2: The Rant. This week, Tom rants about people who don’t pay attention to when social media sites share things without their knowledge. Dennis agrees.
- Use MyPermissions.org to scan your social network app permissions and clean them up
Segment 3: Parting Shots
- Top 10 Hacked LinkedIn Passwords
- Listening to podcasts in the car instead of FM radio
- The Current State and Future of Big Law Online Legal Services