Many lawyers say they are “good lawyers,” while knowing very little about legal technology. So does that statement really compute in this technology driven world? Recent discussions about possible changes to ethical rules include requirements that lawyers stay up-to-date on technology. In this episode, we discuss the intersection of technology, law practice and ethical rules, potential changes to ethical rules related to technology knowledge, and the implications for lawyers.
Link to the episode: Lawyers’ Duty to Know Technology?
Segment 1: Lawyer’s Duty to Know Technology?
- Changing Times Mean Changing Ethics Issues for Lawyers – Samuel C. Stretton
- ABA Commission on Ethics 20/20 Resolution and Report – Technology and Confidentiality
- ABA Commission on Ethics 20/20 Resolution and Report – Technology and Client Development
Segment 2: Revisiting - wherein we revisit the topic of our last episode, Planning for Your Digital Estate.
Segment 3: Parting Shots
- SlideShark – app for showing PowerPoint presentations on your iPad – website and app
- ABA Commission on Ethics 20/20 – all information from the Commission