Twenty years ago, lawyers were debating whether to use email in their practices. It’s now impossible to imagine lawyers practicing without email. Today, people send more than a trillion text messages each year. Will we see texts and instant messages (IMs) becoming as integral to law practice as email? In this episode, we discuss the growing use of texts and IMs by everyone, how these technologies are starting to play a role in the everyday practice of law, and how lawyers should prepare for the use of these technologies in the future.
Link to the episode: OMG! Lawyers are Texting?
Segment 1: OMG! Lawyers are Texting?
- Apple’s iMessage – from Wikipedia
- Trillian – great instant message aggregator
- IM+ for iPad and iPhone
- GroupMe - group messaging for iPhone
Segment 2: Revisiting - wherein we revisit the topic of our last episode, Turning TECHSHOW Topics into a Technology Agenda
- ABA TECHSHOW 2012: Jim Calloway and the Future of the Practice of Law
- 60 Apps in 60 Minutes 2012
- #ABATECHSHOW 2012 Run Down
- 2012 ABA TECHSHOW Takeaways
- Dispatches from ABA TECHSHOW 2012
- ABA TECHSHOW 2012: What Went Down – Trends and Photo Album
Segment 3: Parting Shots