iPads are making serious inroads into the work environment, even for lawyers. What role might the iPad play in the daily lives of busy legal professionals? In this episode, we are joined by special guest David Sparks, author of the new book iPad at Work, to discuss the potential benefits of using an iPad in legal work, practical iPad tips, and how the iPad and iPad apps are changing the way lawyers use technology.
Link to the episode: iPads for Lawyers
Segment 1: iPads for Lawyers
- Our special guest: David Sparks
- Apps Mentioned during this Segment
- Tom – Agendas – new way to manage meeting agendas
- David – more on iThoughts HD
- Dennis – David’s iPad at Work, Mac Power Users podcast, and MacSparky (see above for links)
Amazon has just announced a new generation of Kindle devices, including a touch version and the Kindle Fire, a low-cost tablet device. The new Kindles start at $79. Are these iPad competitors, a new category of devices or another harbinger of the Post-PC era? In this episode, we discuss how the new Kindles might help lawyers, whether the platform is now the message, and where the tablet category might go after the death of Steve Jobs.
Link to the episode: Kindle En Fuego – Next Generation Tablets
Segment 1: Non-Obvious “Obvious” Productivity Tips
- Kindle’s New Product Line
- Pick Your Kindle Flowchart
- Kindle Fire vs. iPad 2 vs. Nook Color: Specs and Features Compared
Segment 3: Parting Shots